Thursday, August 18, 2011

Can You See It?

I am starting this blog for a few women in my life.  These are tough cookies who at times feel trapped by their life.  I did, too.  Most of you know that. But I had to make choices so that I could start living again.  I am not saying that my choice is the one you should make. But for me, that was the choice I had to make to be a strong woman.  Standing up for me, my body and my personal well-being needed to be a priority, as I made everyone else a priority and lost myself in the process.

I don't really know how I did all that I did in a year, but I know that it took the love and strength of great friends and an amazing counselor.  And I think that would be where I would tell you to start.  Get a good counselor.  Not a marriage counselor....just one for you.  Then, surround yourself with the strongest friends you have.  You don't need a ton.  You just need a few or even just one who you can confide in.  Make sure it's someone that is strong.  In my case, I had some yellers, some head petters and huggers, some good sense talkers, some prayers....you name it.  A good dog helps, too. 

I am here for you.  Can you see your future?  What do you want it to be?  I am still figuring that out for myself, but so far, I like what I see.  A year ago.....not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment